Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Blog Post

My name is Arneetia J. Johnson. I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama currently seeking a profession in Elementary Education and Special Education. My dreams of becoming an educator are founded upon the principles of following in my Grandmother's footsteps. I enjoyed her passion of making children learn and smile in a certain way to where they thrived to see another day of attending school. While growing up, I admired her work so much that I am pursuing to become a teacher. That I may too be able to encourage and motivate young children to enjoy learning. As an Elementary Educator, one developes a creative lesson plan for students varying in grades K-6. The lesson plan includes topics such as English, Language, Math, Science, Social Sciences, and Reading that may draw the children to enjoy learning and carry onto the next grade level. A math plan that may be put into place may consist of breaking into groups and using flash cards along with a timer to practice speed and accuracy. The educator must also attend faculty meetings, car duty (ensure safety), summer seminars, etc to establish a loving environment for the students throughout the school year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Glad to hear that you had such a great role model. I am sure you will inspire many children in the future.

    ReplyDelete